With the current pandemic, many are concerned about visiting a hospital if they develop a common illness. Hospitals are considered high risk areas, where you can potentially be exposed to all kinds of diseases, including, of course, the Covid-19 virus.
In light of this, Krungthai-AXA Life Insurance has introduced a new way for policyholders to visit a doctor without risking a trip to the hospital. Called “Krungthai-AXA TeleHealth”, the mobile application service enables comprehensive, online doctor consultations, making visiting a doctor online easy and placing high-quality virtual medical care at users’ fingertips.
Getting to know TeleHealth
TeleHealth is an online medical consultation service where users can have comprehensive virtual doctor visits via video call on a mobile phone. Designed as an application, TeleHealth provides an all-in-one health service. Users can benefit from real-time online consultations to discuss symptoms and receive immediate medical advice, or make an appointment in advance and have the doctor contact them back at their chosen time. After consulting with a doctor, users can also choose to take the medicines prescribed. A pharmacist will call to offer advice regarding how to take the medicines. The Telehealth service also comes with delivery of the medicines within specified service areas.
Why TeleHealth? Consult a doctor from anywhere, and have medicines delivered to your home!
- Online consultation: TeleHealth service is available every day — even during public holidays — from 07.30 am to 07:30pm. Through the service, you can meet your doctor from anywhere and on any day, without having to travel or queue to be seen, to collect your medicines, or even pay. This makes seeing your doctor much more convenient and makes life in general that much easier.
- Home delivery: After you’ve consulted your doctor, a pharmacist will call within 15 minutes to provide advice regarding your medication. TeleHealth delivery services are available in a wide range of areas across 11 provinces, including Bangkok, Samut Prakan, Nonthaburi, Pathum Thani, Samut Sakhon, Nakhon Pathom, Chonburi, Rayong, Chanthaburi, Songkhla, and Chiang Mai. Delivery in Bangkok is available from 08:00am to 08:00pm; in other provinces, TeleHealth delivery service runs from 08:00am - 04:00pm.
- No need for deposits: For customers with insurance policies that cover outpatient benefits (OPD), any expenses incurred will be automatically deducted from their insurance coverage, without the need for any prior deposit. In cases where the outpatient benefits (OPD) under the policy are insufficient, customers will only have to cover the excess cost. With certain types of insurance policies, customers who choose to purchase their own medicines from pharmacies can submit their documents to claim payment later.
- New user discounts: Customers of Krungthai-AXA Life Insurance have the privilege of trying out TeleHealth without any initial consultation fees.
How can seeing a doctor through TeleHealth help you?
Let’s start with the issue of time. Travelling to hospital involves spending at least 30 minutes just getting there. Upon arrival, there are various processes to go through. The hospital has to pull up your medical history. You have to wait to see the doctor, to pay for the services and medications and to collect them. Altogether, these procedures mean that a visit to hospital takes two-three hours at least. Then there are all the treatment fees, hospital service fees, and travel expenses to consider.
Seeing a doctor virtually through TeleHealth means patients can reduce their travel time and time spent on various procedures at the hospital. This saves at least a couple of hours while also reducing associated costs.
As for illnesses and symptoms, virtual consultations through TeleHealth cover common complaints that can be treated by taking correct medication and following the doctor’s advice. Such illnesses include the common cold, myositis, sore throat, enteritis or gastritis, and more. However, it is important to note that consulting a doctor virtually is not suitable for emergencies that require urgent medical treatment. Such cases include chest pain, shortness of breath, congestive heart failure, seizure, severe allergic reactions, serious accidents, and so on.
How to Apply for Virtual Medical Services
Applying for TeleHealth virtual services only takes a few minutes, with the following steps:
- Download the CLICKNIC application via App Store or Play Store on your mobile device.
- Register with your mobile phone number and ID card number.
- Click on the ‘a man icon’button at the bottom right corner and select ‘My insurance policies’. Next, click on ‘Krungthai-AXA Life Insurance’, to link your insurance package by entering your individual insurance policy number. Group insurance policyholders can enter their policy number, and member number.
TeleHealth is a service provided by Krungthai-AXA Life Insurance, with the goal of improving quality of life, increasing convenience and speed in terms of service, so you can enjoy good health at your fingertips.